This past Sunday was phenomenal. It was inspiring, fun, joy-filled, hard, draining, brutal and delicious all at the same time. I could see it on your faces how surprised you were by what came up, and even prouder of what you created. I watched how even the most quiet and shy writers (butterflies) smiled as you moved your pen across the page. I had the honor of bearing witness to the magic at the precise moment it was happening. What a beautiful sight.
Just to reflect on all we achieved in our brief time together:
- You brought with you the list of ideas, projects you would like begin and complete (essay and story ideas) and we spent some time talking about setting SMART goals (realistic and attainable writing goals).
- We took a journey back to 2016 and looked only at our highlights (we are no longer beating ourselves up for what didn’t get done–we are celebrating all we did achieve).
- You left with the beginnings of a roadmap for several pieces you can complete.
- You wrote flash fiction.
- You wrote the beginnings of an essay.
- You began to develop a short story.
- And we read, provided feedback and honored the writing process.
And this was all in (5) hours. I am in awe of each of you. Thank you for picking Writing from the Womb as a space for you to continue to grow as a writer or dive back into your writing. As your midwife I am here for you and I love what I do!
Today as I rise and spend the day honoring me and my own writing, because it is important to hold myself accountable… I wanted to take a moment to say thank you before I get lost in my world.
Thank you for showing up.
Thank you to each writer who came out even though the commute was a challenge after it snowed.
Thank you for believing in yourselves.
Thank you for believing in me!
Thank you for seeing the writer that I see in you!
Thank you for knowing that you ARE A WRITER!
Thank you for trusting me with your stories, your process and your dreams.
It truly was such a pleasure and it was so much fun.
Dates for Writing from the Womb Session II: Birthing the Story: On stamina, focus, and completion.
Week 1 – Jan. 29
Week 2 – Feb. 5
Week 3 – Feb. 19
Week 4 – Feb. 26
Week 5 – Mar. 12
Week 6 – Mar. 26
WFW Session II – Cost: $640 (Payment plan available)
Deposit due Jan. 15th – $100
Payment 1: January 29th – $135
Payment 2: Feb 5th – $135
Payment 3: Feb 12th – $135
Payment 4: Feb 19th – $135
Discount of $100 — If paid in full by Feb 5th–your cost will be $540.00
WHAT YOU GET IN WFW:
(6) Six WFW in class sessions (we will meet and write together over the span of two months) SESSION II is jammed pack with reading, writing, and sharing. There will be one round of workshops at the end and each week we will have time for in class writing built into the schedule. We will decide which projects will be completed during our time together and also our writing goals for 2017. You will have 1-on-1 time with me. The primary focus of this WFW is on building up stamina, pushing our writing further, and writing in new forms. Our goal is: TO FINISH something. This year is about polishing our work, publishing and getting our writing out there into the world!
(9) Nine weeks of 1-on-1 coaching sessions w/ the Writing Midwife (these are weekly 15 minute phone conversations where I hold you accountable and provide support during your writing process).
(3) Writing pieces that you will polish and prepare for submission. (As your midwife I am standing in the affirmation that this is the year I publish!)
(1) Peer workshop / end of session celebration.
And finally you get to write in community with a group of some of the most amazing people I know. I definitely hope you will join us for Writing from the Womb Session II, which starts Sunday, January 29th.
I have designed a payment plan in hopes of making you and your writing a priority.
To register and to hold your seat send the $100 deposit via paypal to http://paypal.me/diosadominicana by Jan. 15.
I can’t wait to get started!
REFUND POLICY: No refunds or exchanges.
Copyright © 2017 by Alicia Anabel Santos